Let us support you to find a job. Wesley Employment Services is a local jobactive provider across north-east and inner Melbourne. We have sites in Fitzroy, Flemington and Heidelberg.
By focusing on your skills, experience and employment goals, we’ll help you prepare for work, find employment and provide ongoing support to you in your new job.
How jobactive can help you?
Our specialist team will tailor our service to meet your needs, whether you simply need initial support or advice on your job search, through to help overcoming a significant barrier to employment.
Services we offer include:
- Help with looking for work, writing a resume and preparing for interviews
- Referrals to jobs in your local area
- Job training to learn and enhance your skills
- Support to help you get ready for work and maintain employment
- Support to complete Work for the Dole or other eligible activities
Based on your circumstances, you may work with a range of our team members, who will support you on every step of your journey to employment.
To begin, we’ll work with you to develop a Job Plan, which details how we will support you and what you need to do.
Your plan will include how many jobs you are expected to apply for each month, any activities you need to participate in and how often you will meet with us.
Once you’ve started work, we’ll continue to provide with you post-placement support.
Work for the Dole
Under Work for the Dole you can gain skills and experience that give back to the community and can help you find a job.
Eligible job seekers registered with a jobactive provider need to participate in Work for the Dole or another approved activity for six months each year to keep receiving their income support if they have mutual obligation requirements. Approved activities can include part time work, part time study in an eligible course, participation in accredited language, literacy and numeracy training or voluntary work.
- Job seekers aged under 30 years will typically need to complete 25 hours a week
- Job seekers aged 30 to 49 years will typically need to complete 15 hours a week
- Job seekers aged 50 to 59 years will typically need to complete 15 hours a week (of an approved activity)
Our job centres
We offer a range of support at our centres to get your job search off to a great start, including computers, photocopiers, scanners and telephones. All of our centres have special needs and wheelchair access.
Additional support for job seekers with disability
We also offer a dedicated service for job seekers with disability or experiencing health barriers to employment. Find out more.